How would you like to dance your way to some quick weight loss? Sounds like fun, right. Most of us know that exercise is an important component of any healthy lifestyle, yet that’s the aspect of a weight loss program we dread the most. But what if you could dance your way to losing the pounds?
Well here are some little known facts about dancing:
- Latin inspired salsa and cumbia dancing is a blast and burns about 400 calories an hour.
- Belly dancing can burn between 250-300 calories per hour depending on fast you move.
- Ever wonder why those dancers on Dancing with the Stars are so fit? That’s because ballroom dances like the foxtrot, waltz, and tango are true workouts! You can burn between 180 to 480 calories per hour dancing like a star.
- Ballet can burn up to 100 calories per hour.
- Modern dances like hip hop can burn between 100 to 400 calories per hour.
- But the biggest surprise? Line dancing burns about 300 calories for just half an hour of continuous movement!
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/5171682